Dress Code in Grand Palace Bangkok
Just like another religious place, even if you visit the Grand Palace , you have to follow certain norm. Some strict guidelines are applicable for anybody who steps forth the grounds.
Do not Wear
Dress code that has to be followed while you are inside the grounds of the Grand Palace and Temple of Emerald Buddha does not permit certain outer garments that are worn by men and women, these includes :
* Tights, tight fitting trousers, short skirts, miniskirts or shorts.
* Trousers which are quarter length, culottes, blouses or shirts that are see-through or transparent.
* Sleeveless vests or shirts.
* Sandals that do not include heel straps or ankles.
* Shirts which have rolled up sleeves.
* Fisherman trousers, pajamas, wind cheaters, sweatpants or sweatshirts.
* No clothes that has any holes which also includes ripped t-shirts or jeans.
* All shirtsleeves that are rolled up.
What is allowed inside the temple grounds?
* It is advisable to wear black clothes as a sigh of respect for Majesty King BhumibolAdulyadej’s passing away.
* You should ensure that you are covered from head to toe and cannot walk inside the temple grounds with shoes.
* If you want, you can also opt for the shawls that are available inside the site to cover up since you will not be permitted to enter the grounds of the temple without covering up appropriately.
* You can wear skirts provided it is below the length of the knee.
* You can wear a pair of proper shoes or even suitable designs of flip flops or sandals.
Enjoy the Tour without getting lost !!!