Mani Bhavan, a two-storied building on the Laburnum Road in the quiet locality called Gamdevi, served for about seventeen eventful years (1917-1934) as the nerve centre in Bombay for Gandhiji’s activities. This Bhavan belonged to Shri Revashankar Jagjeevan Jhaveri who was a great devotee of Gandhiji and his affectionate host during that period. Today Mani Bhavan is a great memorial to Gandhiji, to his stay here and to the activities he initiated from here.
This heritage building a great national treasure India is a tourist attraction. A large number of scholars, students, teachers and participants of the Gandhi Jayanti Competitions use the library for reference and reading to know more about non-voilence and Satyagraha. The Gandhi Smarak Nidhi office is on the first floor. On the second floor, Gandhiji lived and worked and this place is preserved in its original setting. Adjacent to Gandhiji’s Room is the exhibition depicting Gandhiji’s life through miniature figures.
Opening timings and Entry Fee for mani bhavan
All days of the week: 9:30 AM - 5:30 PM ( Closed on 2nd and 4th Saturdays )
Entry Fee: Free
• Maintaining the Gandhi library
• Publication of books & articles on Gandhi & related subjects.
• Screening of films on Gandhi.
• Organising different types of competitions for school and college students.
• Organising Khadi exhibition. Organising talks, discussions & seminars on topics Gandhiji's life and philosophy, peace, nonviolence, communal harmony, human rights, democratic values and current issues.
Mobile App with Entrance Fees
This app will guide you through the entrance fees . This app has 3D-maps, voice guide with transcripts. It has nice images which you can carry home.
Check out the Entrance Fees and have an amazing visit !!!